Sunday, July 26, 2009

Think Happy Thoughts

The word "blog" is perfect. It definitely sounds like the noise I make when I'm trying to say a bunch of stuff at once: "Bloooogg!". Here goes...

1. Ava will not take a bottle or a binky...at all. There is NO way for anyone but me to comfort her. I will never be social again. I can feel a shell forming over my back that will become my new home as I morph into a hermet crab.

2. I am a spoiled brat these days with dishes. After 4 years of living with out a dishwasher (and being completely fine), 4 MONTHS into having one, it breaks. (*insert appalled voice here*) You mean I have to wash a dish?!!

3. Caleb crosses his arms, makes a "hmm" sound and pouts like a teenager...and so it begins.

4. I have laundry in the sink ("soaking"...and now growing things on it probably) and laundry in the bath tub (well, actually Caleb pulled a perfectly clean bath towel in the tub with him 3 (yes 3) days ago & I haven't washed it...or him for that matter.)

5. I made bacon and french toast this morning and made my bacon wavy before putting it into the microwave so I could feel "cool". You know, like the food network people.

6. My nail polish is peeling. Do I have time to use my thoughtful mothers day spa gift card to get a mani or pedi? Are you kidding? Ava would starve & then scream until she turned blue & steam came out of her ears.

And breathe 2, 3, 4.

7. I went grocery shopping and bought a ton of healthy food...but somehow I have eaten almost an entire cake by myself (that I made at 11pm...ah-hem...for friends), several cookies that I found hiding, and a bunch of chips that I didn't even know were in my pantry.

8. I'm beginning to notice that I think the way an author would write a novel. For example: I notice that there is only one piece of cheese left in the fridge. But my exact thoughts are: "She opened the fridge and saw the lonely cheese. It was then that she realized...this would be the last piece."

Oh man- did I really just share that last one? What can I say- I'm not normal.

Well, it's true. Blogging is good for the soul. Think I'll go do some laundry and wash some dishes. (or eat some cookies and watch some food network)

No comments:

Post a Comment