Wednesday, July 15, 2009

In the Beginning

When I first began to read peoples' blogs, I felt like nothing less than a stalker. I would run into them in person and kind of freeze like a deer in headlights: "umm- what? No, I didn't know that about you (i just read it in your blog!)...no, I haven't been stalking your every post and no I don't feel like I am now your best friend!" I felt like such a weirdo.

I've completely analyzed the world of blogs, though, and I've decided it's a wonderful world not to be missed out on.

I think blogs are specifically for nosey people. And I mean that in the best way possible. The reason this new social networking trend (ie Facebook, Twitter & blogs) is working out so well is because we're in a world full of nosey people! We want to know what other peoples' lives are like, and we want to look into peoples' windows or be a fly on their wall...or at least I do.

In my opinion, this is who we were designed to be.

Your first impression of my blog might be strange, but I do have explanations.

I think we were designed with a nosey gene so that we would CARE about other peoples' lives. This is crucial to existence. We need to share in peoples' joys and sorrows. Remember that movie (or book) "Into the Wild"? At the end, after being alone for so long and experiencing so much alone, he writes in his journal, "Happiness only real when shared." Poor guy. He didn't realize it until it was too late.

I am starting this blog for mostly 2 reasons. 1. To document our family growing and changing- it's one of my favorite things to do. 2. To share our memories, funny stories, & thoughts with others so the joy will be doubled.

Thanks for visiting me! I hope you'll continue to be nosey!

6 comments:

  1. love that you have a blog!!! i need to document things better and this is such a great way to do it. can't wait to read more about my mrs. potato head.

    yours truly,
    the hat that goes on mrs. potato head that helps her keep her head on... or in other words - angela :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy - I'm a total blog stalker too! I can't wait to be nosey with your life ( :

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - I'm your first follower....err...stalker!! :) I look forward to it. I started our blog just before Daniella was born. Time has slipped by and I've not been as good about updating it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey kathy! Welcome to the blogging world :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey look at you all blogspotting and all, now teach me!! I have one, but can't figure out how to do anything! Seriouslly help....

    ReplyDelete