I love doing laundry. It gives a sense of accomplishment that few things can measure up to. There is nothing like opening up your closet to find neatly hung clothes all lined up in a row (according to season and color). Before we moved, I had the best laundry routine ever. Sunday was laundry day...I'd have hangers in the laundry room just waiting for the clothes to come out of the dryer...I'd fold and hang and hang and fold...until there was not ONE dirty article of clothing to be found...Ahhh- the good old days.
So how could I become such a LAUNDRY LOSER??
I could come up with at least 50 reasons why I am behind on my laundry, but even I am sick of excuses.
Before I completely bash myself, I'm going to give myself a few gold stars:
1. hold on...let me think of something... Oh! I cooked very healthy dinners this week. (gold star for me)
2. I grocery shopped with 2 kids at 2 stores in less than 2 hours! (and got a TON of stuff) (2 gold stars for this)
3. I cleaned & vacuumed the house (major gold star)
On to the bashing...
Here are the top ten ways to know if you're a laundry loser:
10. You have nightmares about the washer and dryer. (I really did.)
9. Your sweet baby girl is swaddled at night in a blanket covered in snot & bugars.
8. You go on a hot date with your husband in jeans that have your 2 year old's pee on them (hey- they were dark.)
7. You hear strange noises (i.e. growling) coming from your husband while he searches for something to wear in the morning.
6. Your baby is 4 months old, and you still have maternity clothes at the bottom of your hamper. (sad but true)
5. Your laundry heaps do not get smaller as you do load after load...they only spread out...all over the house.
4. You re-wash one load of laundry 3 times because the clothes have gotten mildewed from sitting so long in the washer.
3.The load of clean clothes taken out of the dryer gets mixed in with the dirty piles, and now...oh no...you can't tell the difference.
2. You get spit-up on your shirt every day, but since it blends in very nicely, and you're the only one who can smell it, you don't bother changing it.
And the #1 way to know if you're a laundry loser:
1. Your pillow case still smells like a campfire from the camping trip you took a month ago. (I'm so ashamed.)